Monday, June 16, 2008

High Fidelity Withdrawal

Forgive me Father for I have sinned, it has been two days since my last Hi-Fi show.

It is one thirty in the morning on Tuesday. I am sitting at my computer contemplating ways to make the next few days go faster. The first weekend of High Fidelity was amazing. I am so honoured to get to work with this cast and crew. They are an amazing group of people and I feel so blessed to have fallen in with them. Every time I get to perform with them it is an absolute joy. And therein lies the problem. Am I really expected to go Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday without doing this show? The fact is that sadly, yes, I am expected to last four days without Hi-Fi, and without the incredible energy that pours off the stage during the show.

So, fellow cast members, when you see me on Thursday I may appear to be but a hollow shell of my former self. But not to worry, I assure you that it will only take the first few chords of "Last Real Record Store" for me to be returned to my normal self. Until then,
Peace, love and rock 'n' roll,
Amanda

No comments: